Date:      01 Nov 2000 14:59:33 -0500
From:      Arcady Genkin <antipode@thpoon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ad0: DMA problem fallback to PIO mode; HARD READ ERROR blk# 25418687

Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu> writes:

> Yeah that makes it a good likelihood that it is the controller.  Are there
> two IDE controllers on your motherboard?  Try the other one.

Just did.  I disabled the primary one altogether.  I got the same
error.  I don't know if this is relevant, but the error has been
happening when accessing same file (I'm trying to compile Xemacs from
ports).  Could this mean this is a disk problem?

--
Arcady Genkin
Don't read everything you believe.