Date:      23 Apr 2003 14:10:44 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.no-ip.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, "Gordon Freeman" <greetz@mail.ru>
Subject:   Re: question

"Gordon Freeman" <greetz@mail.ru> writes:

>  1. When I set up the FreeBSD, I've already like it (Daemon is faster, security, everithind is ander my control, etc.), but I have to reboot to WinXP, because only there my SoundBlaster 128 can work. I've read many manuals about unix&FreeBSD based systems, but there are not much information tokill this problem.

There's a whole section on it in the FreeBSD Handbook.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/sound-setup.html

>  2. Also I can't find a real photoshop for BSD. I've tride gimp, but it doesn't work! Web editors I can't find also.

"it doesn't work" isn't much of a description of what's wrong.  Gimp
works fine for me.  Install it through the ports system, if you didn't
try that the first time.

For web editors, I just use either emacs (or, occasionally, mozilla),
but a quick search of the ports turned up things called "august" and
"bluefish" that are in both the "www" and "editors" categories, so
they're probably a reasonable place to start looking.