Date:      Fri, 9 Oct 1998 15:28:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Lucien Bomar <lbomar@atlanta.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Install Question

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Lucien Bomar wrote:

>FreeBSD:
>
>I'm installing FreeBSD from a CDROM that was part of "UNIX Systems
>Administrator's Bible" by IDG Books 1998.  The CD has a version of FreeBSD 2.2.5
>reported to be courtesy of Walnut Creek CDROM.
>
>I have a P166, 64MegRam, Mitsumi CDROM.  I used the floppy install.
>Installation proceeds well until the actual reading of the CDROM.  At that point
>I get a message "CD in the drive is not FreeBSD or is an older version (pre
>2.1.5).  FreeBSD CD does not have a version number on it.  Do you want to
>continue with it?".  If I select no I have to exit and if yes the files never
>load even though it says the installation is complete.
>
>I've been through the set-up 20 times and tried every variation.  Is this an
>error you are familiar with and could you offer a plausible solution?

If this were my problem, I would go to www.freebsd.org and get the 2.2.5
boot floppy image and boot the computer using this floppy.

I would hope that using the 2.2.5 boot floppy with the 2.2.5 cdrom would
get me started.

This is just my best guess.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/