Date:      Sun, 31 Dec 1995 10:23:48 -0500
From:      Stephen Couchman <scouch@io.org>
To:        Barry Masterson <jbarrm@panix.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iijpp STILL cannot talk to my modem :-((

Barry,

Thanks for your help so far.  I did recompile the ppp code last night, and
found that the new binary was ~100k vs. the original of ~85k.  When I ran
the program it exhibited the same behaviour, i.e. no characters sent to the
modem.  I just tried chmod as you suggested, but the results are the same.

I am also hoping that one of the PPP/Unix comm gurus will 'step up to the
plate' on this one.  Perhaps they are are all enjoying the New Year's
holiday, and I will hear from them soon...

-- Stephen

Stephen Couchman    | scouch@io.org