Date:      Thu, 26 Dec 2002 22:39:49 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@keyslapper.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   wine/FreeBSD/no M$ partitions - can't find a good resource

Hey all.  I'm having some trouble with the wine port (not the linux
compat version).

I followed the directions at
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2001/09/21/FreeBSD_Basics.html?page=1
pretty much to the letter, with the exception that it seems out of
date with regards to the flags used with wine, and that SolSuite 2001
is now SolSuite 2003, but I'm getting a bunch of problems running even
the basic stuff.

My system is totally dedicated to FreeBSD with no M$ partitions.

I copied over the FreeCell exe from an NT box, and it seems to work
pretty well, but I'm always getting this error:
fixme:reg:GetSystemInfo not yet supported on this system
Even when the exe works.  Any idea what that is?

Also, I have a Win2K cd, and I'd like to just expand the files one at
a time as I need them into my 'C drive', but the expand.exe that came
with wine doesn't work, nor does the one on the CD Rom.  Anyone have
any ideas?

I did a good bit of poking around, and it seems the wine/FreeBSD/no MS
partition combo is a pretty uncommon one.  Anyone have links to any
decent resources for this situation?

TIA
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

Scientists are people who build the Brooklyn Bridge and then buy it.
    -- William Buckley