Date:      Sun, 30 Nov 2008 21:20:00 +0100
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pasting via ssh causes data loss

--------------enig02F91044EC1B4FDC652FD154

Eugene Pimenov wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>=20
> I'm not really sure weither it's related to freebsd or ssh.
>=20
> When I paste a lot of data (6060 bytes, 60 lines 100 bytes each + =E2=80=
=98\n=E2=80=99)
> via ssh into `cat > test.txt` or the small program, one freebsd receive=
> 5181, another receives 3221 bytes.

I regularly do copy-pastes of textual data of that size (and larger) in
interactive sessions (with text editors) without problems, between
FreeBSD machines and from Linux to FreeBSD machines. Are you sure it's
not a problem with your terminal application and not on the server side?
(try a different terminal).