Date:      Sat, 13 Oct 2007 19:11:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Akshay Kawale <freebsd_noob@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Debugging FreeBSD running on VMware

Hi,=0A=0AI want to attach gdb to my FreeBSD kernel (6.2 RELEASE-p8) running=
 on VMware.=0AMy host OS is Ubuntu Linux 7.04.=0A=0AI've created a virtual =
serial port, which terminates in a named pipe on my host OS.=0AWhat other s=
teps do I need to take to be able to step through and debug my kernel?=0AWi=
ll gdb automatically find the source code if its copied to /usr/src on my h=
ost?=0A=0AThanks.=0A=0A- Akshay=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A       =0A________________=
dwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for t=
oday's economy) at Yahoo! Games.=0Ahttp://get.games.yahoo.com/proddesc?game=
key=3Dmonopolyherenow