Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 02:05:28 -0800
From:      "David" <david@huffstutler.com>
To:        "Josh Paetzel" <friar_josh@webwarrior.net>, "Walter Hop" <walter@binity.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: zip drive

> > This page may be helpful for an atapi zip drive:
> > http://pmade.org/~pjones/1998/software/ide_zip.html

> You might take a look at
> /usr/share/doc/en/articles/zip-drive/index.html
(http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/zip-drive/)

Below are the steps it took me to install an internal Zip Drive on FreeBSD
4.4-RELEASE.

1. If dmesg shows the zip drive then nothing needs to be done to the kernel.
2. If dmesg does not show the zip drive then refer to the links above.
3. Look in /dev and see if the zip drive is there.  IE.../dev/afd0
4. If not then do "sh MAKEDEV /dev/afd0"
5. Learn to mount the drive correctly. IE..."mount_msdos /dev/afd0s4"
6. Make a directory for a mount point. IE..."/zip".
7. Edit fstab with "/dev/afd0s4    /zip    msdos    rw,noauto    0    0"
8. Reboot

Hope this helps someone.

These mentioned sites were informative and helped me figure out my dilema.
Thanks to both Josh and Walter.

David