Date:      Sat, 23 Sep 2000 09:18:02 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marc Schneiders <marc@schneiders.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with mailman

I am trying to setup mailman (/usr/ports/mail/mailman) on a 4.1
STABLE machine. It seems to work alright, but there is a problem with
a cronjob that runs every minute and produces the following error to
messages:

Sep 23 08:32:00 pan CRON[37708]: _secure_path: cannot stat
-s/.login_conf: Permission denied

I assume this is because user mailman is in passwd
like this: mailman:f[bla-bla]U:89:89::0:0:User &:-s:/bin/sh

He has no /home/dir and no .login_conf. Adding this manually may be
insecure??

The cron job is one of those in a cron file that comes with
mailman. We are instructed in mailman install to add that to crontab
as user mailman.

Running the cronjobs as some other user??

Any suggestions?

Please, CC, to me, as I am not subscribed to ports.