Date:      Tue, 9 May 2000 16:56:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        David Miller <dmiller@search.sparks.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Server Farms?

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

>Yup and yup, subscribe to the security mailing list and the CVS
>mailing list, take special note of all changes done to RELENG_4
>(-stable) when you see any special ones that you think may be
>essential, then run your update.

I am not sure whether this has been brought up before or not, but here
it goes.  I am not at all familiar with how the CVS commit messsages are
funneled to cvs-all@FreeBSD.org and admit that before I ask this.  Is it
that would contain all cvs commits sans HEAD.  Most of the committs
happen to HEAD, but a good many STABLE users subscribe to cvs-all
watching and waiting for commits to whichever STABLE branch they are on.
These MFCs are all they are interested in and sending them the full
commit mailing list seems like a waste of bandwidth.  Those active
developers on the HEAD branch and those who track -CURRENT can still
subscribe to the full cvs-all list, but it would enable those who are
only interested in commits to RELENG_2_2, RELENG_3 and RELENG_4 to
conserve bandwidth and mail spool space.  Thoughts?  Caveats?

Brandon D. Valentine
--
bandix@looksharp.net                         Illegitimi non carborundum.