Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 2001 08:44:35 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
To:        Mike Galvez <mrg8n@mail.virginia.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Solved Re: 4.2 upgrade, local.mailer ,  Sendmail breaks

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 09:55:18AM -0500, Mike Galvez wrote:
> Jonathan,
>
> Thank You! That was it.
>
> I'm curious where you found this little gem of information. I looked
> in a lot of places including READMEs and O'Reilly 2nd ed Sendmail book.

Heh. After my upgrade broke sendmail, I installed a second box and found
that the local mail worked on a clean install. After diff'ing binaries,
checking directory permissions, I discovered that the only difference
was the cf file. Had a look at /usr/src/etc/sendmail/freebsd.mc, and
found the 2 magic lines.

It should have been a FAQ!

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
                "If everything's under control, you're going too slow"