Date:      Sat, 21 Mar 2009 08:49:01 -0400
From:      "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bash suddenly doesn't like $() syntax

--6c2NcOVqGQ03X4Wi

Hello,

I'm running the shells/bash port on 6.3, and I recently ran a portupgrade. =
All
of a sudden when I login, my standard .profile and .bashrc are causing a bu=
nch
of error messages, like so

-bash: command substitution: line 39: syntax error near unexpected token `)'
-bash: command substitution: line 39: `    }")'

It would see that bash no longer likes the $() command substitution syntax.

Does that mean that it's defaulting to some sort of posix compatibility mode
now?=20

Thanks,
Mike
--=20