Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 15:48:24 -0800 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        Toby Swanson <toby@milkyway.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: network modem

> I have a modem on my 2.2.8 FreeBSD host.  It is networked with other
> FreeBSD and Windows 95 hosts.  Is there any way to give the other hosts
> access to this modem and make it appear local to their machine (ie,
> attached to their com port)?

	Not that I know of. You want to follow the example in the handbook
to make the FreeBSD machine with the modem your gateway. You may also want
to look into Samba, but I think you can only share file systems and
printers with it. I assume you're wanting to run a third party windows
program that needs the modem. The only way I've found to do so is to
either get another modem, or try to run it under BOCHS on the FreeBSD
machine.

				Rick