Date:      Wed, 15 May 1996 10:18:16 +1000
From:      Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>
To:        John Birrell <cimaxp1!jb@melb.werple.net.au>
Cc:        beta@xfree86.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libc_r threads doco?

John Birrell <cimaxp1!jb@melb.werple.net.au> said...
> Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au> said...
> >
> > Anyone got any idea where to find a paper on the variety of threads used in
> > libc_r under FreeBSD - current? Are they pthread compliant?
>
> At the moment they're closer to draft 4 of POSIX 1003.1c than draft 10
> (the latest). I've got a local version that is closer, but not quite
> there yet... I've had no time to work on this lately.

The reason I'm asking is that X11R6 allows one to build a threaded X library,
and I was curious to know how much brute force I'd have to use in order to
glue the two together. The libc_r stuff is not built by default in -current
when one does a "make world" yet, so I gues it would have to be something set
in your site.def.

	Stephen
--
The views expressed above are not those of the Worker's Compensation Board of
Queensland, Australia.