Date:      Sat, 31 Jan 1998 11:53:12 -0500
From:      "Matthew Soffen" <matt@soffen.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   New problem.. It will not boot from HD...

Ok. I finally got FreeBSD to install via anon. ftp.

I have FreeBSD fully installed on the system.  But if I try to
reboot the system, it gives me "read error".

But if I boot the "boot" floppy then give it the command
wd(0,a)kernel it will  boot from the HD without any complaints..
This HD was running WinNT before without any problems (I didn't
bother keeping NT on it) so I would hope the boot sector is ok.
I tried to set boot.config to contain only this line:
	wd(0,a)kernel

But that didn't help.  Anyone have sugestions ? I mean, if I had
to use the floppy and make it go to the HD, I can live with it..
I would prefer not to though.  This will be my "router" and I
would like to have it able to reboot automatically (for obvious reasons).

The system is a Digital Venturis 560 with an 810MB IDE HD and
3Com network card with 32MB of RAM installed and 4x Sony CD ROM.

Thanks in advance for any help ...
Matt Soffen
Boss    - "My boss says we need some eunuch programmers."
Dilbert - "I think he means UNIX and I already know UNIX."
Boss    - "Well, if the company nurse comes by, tell her I said
             never mind."
                                       - Dilbert -