Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2001 14:41:33 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
To:        <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Port out of date, maintainer not responding

Hi all,

I've been trying without success to contact the maintainer for a port
(editors/lpe) for a little over a week now. I haven't received any
response. The version of the port has been out of date for about half
a year now, and still it hasn't been updated by the maintainer. There
are also a few patches I've sent to the author that fix some display
bugs. I also use this editor daily, so I have a vested interest in
keeping it current.. Thus I wouldn't mind maintaining it :-)

My question is, should I try harder to contact the maintainer, or
should I stop fooling around and submit a PR to change the maintainer?
OR should I roll the maintainer change, update, and fixes into one
large PR for an easier commit task?

Thanks!
- Ryan

--
  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
  Network Administrator, Accounts

  #106-380 3120 8th St E - Saskatoon, SK - S7H 0W2

        Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-664-1161   Saskatoon