Date:      Wed, 6 Feb 2002 23:47:58 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Addinf to /etc/fstab

> From: "Remington" <madriax@garlic.com>
> To: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
> Subject: Addinf to /etc/fstab
> Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 14:13:59 -0800
>
> I want to add the NODEV, NOSUID, and NOEXEC flags(or whatever), and
> quotas(my kernel is comiled to handle quotas) to a few of my partitions,
> how can I do this?

    man fstab:
    The fourth field, (fs_mntops), describes the mount options
    associated with the filesystem.  It is formatted as a comma
    separated list of options.  It contains at least the type of mount
    (see fs_type below) plus any additional options appropriate to the
    filesystem type.  See the options flag (-o) in the mount(8) page and
    the filesystem specific page, such as mount_nfs(8), for additional
    options that may be specified.

    if you want to add those options to, say your floppy mount, you
    could change
    /dev/fd0    /floppy    ufs    rw,noauto    0    0
    /dev/fd0    /floppy    ufs    rw,noauto,nodev,noexec,nosuid    0    0

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
11:43PM up 17 days, 6:07, 11 users, load averages: 0.04, 0.06, 0.01