Date:      Sun, 2 May 1999 11:25:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <robert@cyrus.watson.org>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Cc:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new picture of wcarchive

So I'd hate to see how it would shine if we ran it with the IOlite code
that allows transfers with a single copy, and uses the same copy for the
socket buffers while the date is queued.  Has there been any discussion of
bringing that into the source code base?  The work was on 2.2, but would
certainly be worthwhile for the big server stuff.  I don't know what the
license was (someone gave a talk on it at CMU a few weeks ago and I was
extremely impressed).

On Sun, 2 May 1999, Robert Watson wrote:

> On Sat, 1 May 1999, David Greenman wrote:
>
> >    A new picture of the new wcarchive is now available at:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/archive-info/wcarchive.jpg
> >
> >    ...and an updated hardware description is available at:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/archive-info/wcarchive.txt
>
> So, if you're looking for a home for the *old* wcarchive, just send it to
> me and I'll find a use for it :).
>
> Anyhow, it looks very impressive.  So will Micron now support FreeBSD, and
> run TV ad's with a picture of a Micron running FreeBSD?
>
>   Robert N Watson
>
> robert@fledge.watson.org              http://www.watson.org/~robert/
> PGP key fingerprint: AF B5 5F FF A6 4A 79 37  ED 5F 55 E9 58 04 6A B1
>
> Carnegie Mellon University            http://www.cmu.edu/
> TIS Labs at Network Associates, Inc.  http://www.tis.com/
> Safeport Network Services             http://www.safeport.com/

  Robert N Watson