Date:      Sat, 06 May 2000 17:51:08 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Duncan Barclay <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xircom Realport in -current

In message <XFMail.000506221715.dmlb@computer.my.domain> Duncan Barclay writes:
: I'm trying to get my Realport working with if_xe.c. I've got the cem56fix
: re-written (it was actually easy) and the driver dances around abit trying to
: find a phy but doesn't actually get one.
:
: I think that the problem is in the IO space allocation in xe_activate. In
: cem56fix the IO address is written to a register on the card
:
: old:
:   xe_memwrite( scp->dev, DINGO_EBAR0, ioport & 0xff );
:   xe_memwrite( scp->dev, DINGO_EBAR1, (ioport >> 8) & 0xff );
: my re-write:
:   bus_space_write_1(bst, bsh, DINGO_EBAR0, ioport & 0xff);
:   bus_space_write_1(bst, bsh, DINGO_EBAR1, (ioport >> 8) & 0xff);
:
: However, EBAR0 always has bits 3:0 set to 0. I need a 16bit aligned io port
: from xe_activate. How do I do it?

This space is different than bst and bsh.  memwrite should use the
atttribute space that's mapped to read the CIS.

Warner