Date:      Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:36:57 +0100
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd ports <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: New /bin/sh based script to manage ports

--=-VFfR4FXigw49AkuO9Jr7

Doug Barton p=ED=A8e v =FAt 10. 01. 2006 v 02:19 -0800:
> Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> > Doug Barton p=ED=B9e v =E8t 05. 01. 2006 v 02:21 -0800:
> >> Howdy,
> >>
> >> I've been working on a new script to manage ports. I've put up a web p=
age=20
> >> about it at http://people.freebsd.org/~dougb/portmaster.html
>=20
> > Does it have an interactive mode (request confirmation from user before
> > every upgrade)?
>=20
> I just uploaded a new version that includes this feature at the above URL=
. I=20
> also added more information to the message that tells the user the port=20
> needs upgrading (or installation) so they can make a more informed decisi=
on.
>=20
> Thanks for this suggestion.

Can we get /var/db/pkg globbing? Say, to be able to=20

portmaster lftp

instead of

portmaster lftp-3.3.5 ?

An option to update all outdated ports on the system would be nice.

I was updating gaim with several outdated dependencies, -i mode only
asked on some dependencies, it went to update others without asking.
Perhaps -i is not passed to child invocations?

What about shlib preservation in /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg as
portupgrade does?

Otherwise I quite like it.

--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>

Canada is a country whose main exports are hockey players and cold fronts.
Our main imports are baseball players and acid rain.
  -- Pierre Elliott Trudeau

--=-VFfR4FXigw49AkuO9Jr7
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_podepsan=E1?= =?iso-8859-2?Q?_=E8=E1st?=
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_zpr=E1vy?=

--=-VFfR4FXigw49AkuO9Jr7--