Date:      Thu, 04 May 2006 11:12:40 -0500
From:      Greg Barniskis <nalists@scls.lib.wi.us>
Cc:        Noah <admin2@enabled.com>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FTPd recommendation?

Greg Barniskis wrote:
> Jerry McAllister wrote:
>
>> Using what comes with the base system.
>> Having no problem.
>
> Same here. If functionality is in the base, my philosophy is that
> replacing it violates the KISS principle unless the replacement offers
> some additional functionality that justifies the change.

OK, so... after I wrote this I looked at the vsftpd site recommended
by others and I'd have to say this probably is a justified swap.

The number of high end vsftpd users (including -- hint hint,
enable_cluestick="YES" -- freebsd.org) is a pretty clear
testimonial. I'm guessing the only reason this baby is not the base
ftpd is its inherent GPLness.

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348