Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:32:53 -0800
From:      Nesi Unanaowo <nesi_unanaowo@net.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   swap space problem

Hi,
 I keep getting this message when in the X window environment.

/kernl:swap_pager:out of swap space

As a result the system grinds to a halt and i have to exit from X to
prevent the system from hanging. This is a standalone Pentium II
(350 MhZ) 128MB ram and 120MB of device swap. There are no jobs
running on my system. I am running FreeBSD 3.0

How do i add more swap space to my system? Although, i would think that
there was no need for this at this time. I did try to use "mkfile" but
it does
not seem to be supported. Or do i have configuration problem?
Please help. i just succeeded in connecting to the internet and would
very
much like to start using this system seriously.

TIA

-Nesi