Date:      Sun, 9 Jun 1996 10:51:33 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Subject:   Policy on -stable

	Hi!

	This is a mail regarding the core-team policy on stable which might be
of general intrest. From the mails over recent days, it is obvious that the
current situation with -stable is greatly broken and is redunt to be
continued. But as there has been no clear enough announcement from the
core team on the future of -stable (sorry if it's just me), let me ask:

1) Shall there be 2 releases based on -stable, like planned before (that
   is - 2.1.1-RELEASE and 2.1.5-RELEASE) or just one.
2) Shall an attempt be made to find resources (and a full-timer) to keep
   -stable (mean a non-active attempt from the part of the core-team
   rather than going out and trying to find the money).
3) If -stable is dropped (as it seems to be more then possible on the
   moment) what will be the future policy on -stable-like things? Shall
   there be a -stable branch for some time before the release to which only
   bug-fixes will be applied? Shall there be a post-relese -stable-like
   bug-fix branch?

I'm sorry if no decisions like these exist, in which case please just
ignore this mail.

PLEASE! DON'T ANYBODY BUT THE CORE-TEAM MEMBERS ANSWER TO THIS MAIL!

With best regards,
		Sander