Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 2003 22:18:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Peter Grehan <grehan@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: updated pmap patch..

Peter Grehan writes:
 > > However, something has changed in the last month, or I'm missing some
 > > patches or something, as I can no longer mount my root device.
 > > Geom?  I don't know..  bootverbose doesn't seem to supply any useful
 > > info.
 >
 >  *Almost* everything has made it back into CVS, except pmap.c and the GEOM file.
 > I have to clean up pmap.c - it has the relics of some old debug code,
 > and I'd like to clean up the geom file a bit.
 >
 >  In the meantime, I've put them up at:
 >
 >   www.freebsd.org/~grehan/pmap.c
 >                           geom_apm.c

Excellent!  Those 2 files get me going.  Thanks.

I managed to build a kernel natively too.  It seems rock solid, no
problems beating on the network.  It can fill a 100Mb pipe w/o breaking
a sweat.

The only bug I noticed is there may be a problem with floating point.
Every now and then, top reports crazy values for %cpu.  This seems to
only happen when another FP using process is running, so perhaps there
may be some problem with saving/restoring the fp registers...

I'm very impressed!

Drew