Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 1999 14:36:07 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        bunny <bunny@super.net.pk>
Cc:        freebsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: information

Please try to use line feeds for long lines...

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, bunny wrote:

>Sir,
>I am using freeBSD on Unix 5.0.5.
How can you do this?  Use FreeBSD on Unix?

when I type #df. It gives me the output with 78% /var . Please tell me how to control this 78%.
Well, this is showing how much of /var you are using.  One way of dealing
with it which we have talked about recently is to symlink /var to a
different directory.  For example, on my machine, i do not have a separate
/var directory.  But if i did, it would be under /usr/var.  Search the
mailing list for /usr/var and you will see the command to copy the /var
directory to a different one and symlink to it.

>Regards,
>bunny@super.net.pk

-jonathon