Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 98 12:48:44 -0800
From:      roy <roy@adeptsolutions.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on palmtops

Paul T. Root wrote on 2/27/98 12:41 PM

>> On Fri, Feb 27, 1998 at 11:26:01AM -0800, Gary Kline wrote:
>>
>> > 	I'll second this request.  Even without X, FBSD would be
>> > 	a huge win on a palmtop.  But chances are somewhere around
>> > 	(abs) Zero , I'd bet.
>>
>> if it helps any, i'm not sure it would, i have heard that linux has been
>> ported to the palm pilot. :)

Well, there are cross compilers for the PalmPilot (CodeWarrior I believe
has
a flavor for that), but I wasn't interested in a port, but rather just an
install.

The palmtops like velo & HP's are VERY nice, but I'm sure it would be like
pulling teeth to get the necessary specs to write drivers. (and this
would take
some ROM burning, since a nice HP sales rep said that WinCE is in ROM)

Roy Lovejoy        PHONE: 360.308.9831   <mailto:roy@AdeptSolutions.com>
Pixel PoohBah        FAX: 360.308.9832   <http://www.AdeptSolutions.com>;
Adept Solutions
7314 Creekwood PL NE