Date:      30 May 2003 10:04:59 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.no-ip.com>
To:        "Victor Bratsev" <postmaster@apt-telecom.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RBEM10/100+56k at 32-bit cardBus

"Victor Bratsev" <postmaster@apt-telecom.ru> writes:

> Can anybody help me to solve this -
> I've got RBEM10/100+56k PCMCIA card and I can't get it work.
> Because my cardBus - it's 32-bit, and driver is 16-bit.
> I've got a message at startup pcmcia: 32-bit cardbus is unsupported

This message means exactly what it says.  Cardbus is not supported on
4.x.  You can either run 5.x (which isn't ready for full production
use yet, but works great for lots of people) or get a 16-bit PCMCIA
card.

> and as result if_xe.ko is unloaded with strange fhdjklsah - if I try to
> kldload if_xe it says that it can't load module because it is already
> loaded, but kldstat says that there is NO if_xe loaded.
> FreeBSD is RELEASE-4.7 with custom kernel with device xe included.

There is no if_xe module loaded because it's already compiled into the
kernel.  That's fine.