Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:12:29 +0000 (GMT)
From:      ali boreiri <dr_boreiri@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Transfering from SCSI to IDE ?

Dear Sir :

I have a FreeBSD system with a squid cache installed on it on my 17 GB SCSI drive.
Recently I get an image of it by Norton GHOST  on a 80GB IDE drive.
Transferring was successful but when system on new IDE disk booted , after pimary freeBSD boot menu  boot proccess continued till an error occured in mounting file system and disk; and then system ask me to mount root and a mount> prompt appeared.
Messages appears on screen are as below:

Mounting root from ufs:/dev/da0s1a
setrootbyname failed
ffs_mountroot: can't find rootvp
Rootmount failed:6
mount root>
mount root> ?
List of GEOMD Managed disk devices:
ad1s1f  ad1s1e  ad1s1d  ad1s1c  ad1s1b  ad1s1a  ad1s1  acd0 ad1 fd0

Now please tell me what must I do ;and refer me to a compelete step by step guide in mounting partition of this  IDE disk (which the image of a SCSI disk is on it.)and no change perform to partitions  for properly working of squid cache.

Thank you : Dr.A.Boreiri