Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:06:05 -0300
From:      Marcio Merlone <mm@surf.com.br>
To:        "Robert B." <asdf@www.rdc.ab.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP Trouble on Compaq ML-530.

As I can record, I did upgrade scsi card firmware (it was a Compaq Smart
Array 332) and Proliant's firmware also. Then switched from Unixware to
Linux on bios and both processors came up.
This specific machine were locking-up his networking, but I think this
were another issue (bug on nic) and now it runs a Red Hat MySQL server,
it has a workaround for the nic.
Also, notice: my Proliant is not a G2, it uses 2xXeon 800 only.

Robert B. wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have seen that there is building issue with Compaq's SMP boards. I would
> like to add my story to it in hopes of receiving some help.
>
> Compaq ML-530 2.2GHz P4 Xeon
> 4.7-RELEASE
>
> Locking up at point of launching 2nd CPU.
>
> I have tried to use different OS's in the BIOS, e.g. Netware SMP, Linux,
> etc. to no avail.
>
> Currently running with a non-smp kernel and will wait patiently
> watching the lists for any solutions that appear working.
>
> If you need any more information please e-mail me and I will answer to the
> best of my ability.

[ ]'s

--
Marcio Merlone