Date:      Sun, 24 Sep 2017 15:47:50 -0500
From:      Jason Pope <boards188@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pkg upgrade question

All,

I am new to FreeBSD (obviously) and have FreeBSD 11.1 installed as a VM
guest inside VirtualBox running on Mac OSX. I am using bridged mode for
networking. Network speed is very good.

My problem is when I upgrade packages. I run "sudo pkg update", then run
"sudo pkg upgrade". The new packages download very fast, 400 to 800 kB/s,
but there is always ~75 seconds between the ending of one package and the
starting of the next package. Is that normal?

I am currently updating 106 packages, so it will require 2 hours of time
between package downloads in addition to the time to download the packages.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and/or knowledge.

Jason K Pope
214.566.8527
boards188@gmail.com

Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his
friends.