Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:05:35 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        David Banning <david@www3.pacific-pages.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: buildkernel problem with current

David Banning <david@www3.pacific-pages.com> types:
> I am updating to current right now.

Are you sure you want to do that?  current isn't meant for production
machines, and people who can't fend for themselves may wind up with
unusable hardware.

> The make world went fine but the the command
> config mykernelname
>
> renders the error;
>
> config tracker
> config: line 66: devices with zero units are not likely to be correct
>
> line 66 of my config file is nothing new;
>
> # Floppy drives
> device          fdc0    at isa? port IO_FD1 irq 6 drq 2
> device          fd0     at fdc0 drive 0
> device          fd1     at fdc0 drive 1

It looks like you're trying to feed a -stable config file to a
-current config. As you've discovered, this won't work. If you really
want to udpate to -current, you need to start your config over with
the -current GENERIC.

	<mike