Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 1998 18:51:47 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        spork <spork@super-g.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, suse@suse.de
Subject:   Re: New XFree86 release soon (was Re: xdm & login.conf limits.)

On Fri, Jan 23, 1998 at 03:05:49AM -0500, spork wrote:
> Any pointers to what SuSE is?  Is this some subset of XFree?  Is the Mill
> II driver better?

More correctly, it's S.u.S.E.  (suse@suse.de).  I think it stands for
"System- und SoftwareEntwicklung" (my capital E to make it obvious).
They're probably the biggest Linux distributor in Germany, and they do
a significant amount of development.

>From what I gather, they have developed some drivers for XFree86.
It's certainly not the most important thing they've done.

Greg