Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 2003 02:51:40 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Geoffrey T. Falk" <gtf@cirp.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        tegge@freebsd.org
Subject:   lsof builds but doesn't run under 4-STABLE

Hi,

I noticed this today. If I build lsof on my 4-STABLE box, then it
doesn't run:

boojum# lsof
lsof: PID 0, no file * space

If I build the lsof binary under 4.8-STABLE, then it runs fine under
4.8-STABLE and 4-STABLE.

Upon investigation it appears that the variable fd in the file dproc.c
is being used uninitialized in gather_proc_info(). The problem seems to
be related to some changes to struct filedesc
(/usr/include/sys/filedesc.c) from some recent commits to the RELENG_4
branch on /usr/src/sys/sys/filedesc.c... Anyone care to investigate
further?

Geoffrey