Date:      Sun, 13 Jul 1997 22:54:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kevin Eliuk <kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net>
To:        Alan Batie <batie@rdrop.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 1.7 meg floppies?

On Sun, 13 Jul 1997, Alan Batie wrote:

> I'm told Microsoft, at least at one time, distributed software on floppies
> formatted to 1.7 Meg as a form of copy protection (no one could generate
> that format, I guess).  Has anyone heard of this?  Is there a way to get
> FreeBSD to do such a thing?  It would probably be enough to allow me to
> make a new version of freertr based on current software...  Thanks...
> --
> Alan Batie                   ______      It's not my fault!  It's some guy
> batie@agora.rdrop.com        \    /      named "General Protection"!
> +1 503 452-0960               \  /       --Ratbert
> PGP FP: DE 3C 29 17 C0 49      \/        7A 27 40 A5 3C 37 4A DA 52 B9
>
> It is my policy to avoid purchase of any products from companies which
> use unrequested email advertisements or telephone solicitation.

Yep, read the header in /etc/disktab and use the settings

#
# Stressed floppy-formats.  No guarantees given.
#
fd1720:\
	:ty=floppy:se#512:nt#2:rm#300:ns#21:nc#82:\
	:pa#3444:oa#0:ba#4096:fa#512:\
	:pb#3444:ob#0:bb#4096:fb#512:\
	:pc#3444:oc#0:bc#4096:fc#512:

--
=| Regards,             =| FreeBSD ==> http://www.FreeBSD.org
=| Kevin G. Eliuk       =| "Free at last, free at last, ...."