Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:33:11 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Fernando_Apestegu=C3=ADa?= <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>
To:        Matthew Seaman <matthew@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pkg-fallout mails

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 11:46 AM, Fernando Apestegu=C3=ADa
<fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 11:14 AM, Matthew Seaman <matthew@freebsd.org> wr=
ote:
>> On 2015/11/18 07:04, Fernando Apestegu=C3=ADa wrote:
>>> !!! Jail is newer than host. (Jail: 1100090, Host: 1100085) !!!
>>> !!! This is not supported. !!!
>>> !!! Host kernel must be same or newer than jail. !!!
>>> !!! Expect build failures. !!!
>>>

>>> Can anyone please say if this is expected? Is anyone running
>>> tests/changing things in the ports building infrastructure? I could
>>> just ignore the mails, but I never received so many of these before.
>>
>> This warning appears on pretty much all pkg-fallout e-mails for HEAD.
>> It is a red-herring, and has nothing at all to do with why the e-mail is
>> being sent.  It's just a warning: the host and jail versions are
>> sufficiently close there is no actual conflict between the system kernel
>> and the jail's userland even though that userland is more recent.
>
> Thanks for the explanation!
>

>> The problem that is causing builds to fail in the pkg cluster will
>> appear towards the *end* of the build log included in the e-mail.  If
>> you're getting these e-mails then the affected port is failing to build
>> on at least one of the supported environments where it is expected to
>> work.  As port maintainer, you are meant to look into those build
>> failures and preferably fix them; not just ignore the e-mails.  If you
>> don't understand why this port is failing to build, then there are any
>> number of people here who will be happy to assist.
>
> I was just trying to understand why that port that hasn't been updated
> in a while was suddenly failing to build... and well... the "Expect
> build failures" was kind of an explanation :)
>
> I'll have a look at it as soon as I can.

Is there any way to know when the last successful build was? The first
one that failed was on 07-Nov-2015. I would like to cross check the
changes in CURRENT to see if there were any clang/libc++ changes. I
face the same problems trying to update cad/openvsp to 3.x. I get
funny compilation error from clang that I don't fully understand.

Thanks