Date:      Mon, 7 Jun 1999 12:20:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/12059: math/siag port fixed, upgraded to 3.1.16

The following reply was made to PR ports/12059; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To: sheldonh@FreeBSD.org
Cc: freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 15:10:33 -0400 (EDT)

 sheldonh@FreeBSD.org once wrote:

 > Synopsis: math/siag port fixed, upgraded to 3.1.16

 > State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
 > State-Changed-By: sheldonh
 > State-Changed-When: Mon Jun 7 11:45:31 PDT 1999
 > State-Changed-Why:
 > Please resubmit diff(1) output as per the instructions at
 > http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/porting.html .

 This  sort  of response  may  be  good  for  training your  children  or
 servants:  "Please,  get   out,  close  the  door,  and   come  back  in
 as  a  well  behaving  young  gentleman".  I take  this  is  a  hint,  I
 need  FreeBSD  more  then  FreeBSD  needs me  (as  a  porter).  No,  I'm
 not  going  to  resubmit  it  this  way.  As  I  wrote  in  my  PR  (see
 http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=12059):

 	My version of  port is quite different from the  old one, so
 	please  forgive me  for providing  the complete  replacement
 	rather patches.

 This would indicate to  a anyone that I submitted the way  I did NOT out
 of ignorance (which  _may_ be deserving of this kind  of treatment), but
 because  I  felt that  to  be  the right  thing  to  do. Anyone  feeling
 otherwise can run the diff(1) against his/her own /usr/ports/math/siag.

 At this point, anyone can get  the uuencoded tarball from the URL above,
 make the diffs and re-submit them. But it will not be me.

 	-mi