Date:      Fri, 25 Sep 2009 03:20:31 -0500
From:      "James R. Van Artsdalen" <james-freebsd-current@jrv.org>
To:        Pegasus Mc Cleaft <ken@mthelicon.com>
Cc:        Alexander Motin <mav@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SIIS timeout with current r197392:

Pegasus Mc Cleaft wrote:
> Hello Current,
>
> 	Since my latest build of amd64-current kernel and world (r197392) I am
> getting strange timeout errors in my dmesg and eventual system instability.

I believe mav has stated that error handling in SIIS isn't finished or
is problematic in some way.

I see similar problems: most of the time an error results in a hung
device, requiring reboot.  This usually happens within a TB or two or
intense I/O: I have not yet seen a 6 TB ZFS pool complete a "scrub" due
to this.