Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2013 18:29:17 -0700
From:      Nick Rogers <ncrogers@gmail.com>
To:        Jack Vogel <jfvogel@gmail.com>
Cc:        Barney Cordoba <barney_cordoba@yahoo.com>, "Clement Hermann \(nodens\)" <nodens2099@gmail.com>, "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: igb and ALTQ in 9.1-rc3
References:  <1355177348.71087.YahooMailClassic@web121601.mail.ne1.yahoo.com> <50C6656E.3020601@gmail.com> <CAFOYbc=79HwkHm6PAyRba%2Bue_7Xq0dUJvLk48RwqUN0Oz6%2BVFw@mail.gmail.com> <20121211075853.GU48639@FreeBSD.org> <CAFOYbc=Yh3WiUDstjSm-AUz4WMF9VteiydcEb5opnJ_gT4F7ag@mail.gmail.com> <CAKOb=Yb7NMm26=u%2B-0ywMk543WdXc5uiO2omY4=TXpRxPrOWHg@mail.gmail.com> <CAFOYbcn3HpRaaoSPWF5OL6QJCec-Zb2%2BNySqjgqyOXHRaXD26Q@mail.gmail.com>

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Jack Vogel <jfvogel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have been kept fairly busy with other matters, one thing I could do short
> term is
> change the defines in igb the way I did in the em driver so you could still
> define
> the older if_start entry. Right now those are based on OS version and so you
> will
> automatically get if_transmit, but I could change it to be IGB_LEGACY_TX or
> so,
> and that could be defined in the Makefile.
>
> Would this help?

I'm currently using ALTQ successfully with the em driver, so if igb
behaved the same with respect to using if_start instead of if_transmit
when ALTQ is in play, that would be great. I do not completely
understand the change you propose as I am not very familiar with the
driver internals. Any kind of patch or extra Makefile/make.conf
definition that would allow me to build a 9-STABLE kernel with an igb
driver that works again with ALTQ, ASAP, would be much appreciated.