Date:      Tue, 27 Sep 2016 12:16:39 +0930
From:      "O'Connor, Daniel" <darius@dons.net.au>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Ngie Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>, Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>, "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Subject:   Re: Destroy GPT partition scheme absolutely, how?

> On 27 Sep 2016, at 06:21, John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> That doesn't always work.  In particular, if a disk was partitioned =
with GPT
> and then you use normal MBR on it afterwards, the 'gpart destroy -F' =
of the
> MBR will leave most of the GPT intact and the disk will come up with =
the old
> GPT partitions, not as a raw disk.

I wonder how feasible it would be to have a command which runs destroy =
for every known partition scheme on a particular device..

Sure there would be some duplicate zeroing but it's not likely to be =
significantly slower and considerably more robust.

--
Daniel O'Connor
are so many of them to choose from."