Date:      Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:30:09 GMT
From:      "Devon H. O'Dell " <dodell@offmyserver.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/78138: Error in pre-installation section of installation chapter

The following reply was made to PR docs/78138; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Devon H. O'Dell " <dodell@offmyserver.com>
To: Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:22:38 +0100

 --HL3CiL6n73+IAdG4

 On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 08:36:30AM -0800, Murray Stokely wrote:
 > It is actually in the ports tree as sysutils/ntfsprogs.  I've got a
 > patch to add it to the livecd but I think it's moot because there is
 > only space on DVDs.  I'll run a build and see what kind of
 > dependencies the package pulls in.
 >=20
 > 	     - Murray

 Okay, I totally didn't see that. I don't think it has any dependencies
 other than Gnome VFS if you select that and GCC34 to build if you're on
 4.x. Is the Gnome VFS stuff necessary for the resizer to work?

 --Devon

 > On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 05:16:54PM +0100, Devon H. O'Dell  wrote:
 > > On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 07:56:11AM -0800, Murray Stokely wrote:
 > > > Hi Devon, this is good information but I'd like to describe a more
 > > > FreeBSD friendly way of doing this.  Can we provide ntfsresize on a
 > > > FreeBSD live CD?
 > > >=20
 > > > 	- Murray
 > >=20
 > > I don't think so. The ntfsresize program is GPLed and relies heavily
 > > on the Linux NTFS project code. I don't know enough about NTFS or=20
 > > VFS to be able to say that it wouldn't be portable, but I think that
 > > there'd definitely be a lot of work involved.
 > >=20
 > > Until then, I'm afraid there's not a better way. I'd do it, but it
 > > will probably take a while for me to learn it and I've got other
 > > priorities at the moment.
 > >=20
 > > --Devon
 >=20