Date:      Fri, 4 Jan 2002 12:15:22 -0500
From:      "Justin P. Michel" <justinmichel@home.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: The BSD daemon

To solve all the dilemma, right from Marshall Kirk McKusick's (the copyright
holder on the BSD Daemon artwork) mouth:

"Many folks have asked about the BSD daemon's name. Contrary to a myth first
started by some advertising droid at Walnut Creek, the daemon's name is NOT
Chuck. He is very proud of the fact that he does not have a name, he is just
the BSD daemon. If you insist on a name, call him beastie."

Regards,

Justin