Date:      Wed, 1 Aug 2018 06:45:46 -0400
From:      Eric McCorkle <eric@metricspace.net>
To:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>, "freebsd-security@freebsd.org security" <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Status of OpenSSL 1.1.1

--uvRxCuPiU4O8rLJUO8gnVepNcNGAYCG8B
From: Eric McCorkle <eric@metricspace.net>
To: "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>,
 "freebsd-security@freebsd.org security" <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>,
 "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>,
 freebsd-current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>

--5PqJ62IpHtYhdL4HEu7BZ3qbdy4AlIwSY

Hi folks,

I'm wondering what's the status of OpenSSL 1.1.1 integration into base?
More specifically, is there a repo or a branch that's started the
integration?  I'm aware of the wiki page and the list of port build
issues, but that seems to be based on replacing the base OpenSSL with a
port build (similar to the way one replaces it with LibreSSL).

I have some work I'd like to do that's gating on sorting out the
kernel/loader crypto situation, and I'd very much like to see OpenSSL
1.1.1 get merged, so I can start to look into doing that.

Incidentally, if there's something I can do to help out with integrating
1.1.1 into base, I'd potentially be interested.