Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:27:26 -0400
From:      "Steven D. Smith" <sds07@health.state.ny.us>
To:        dleimbac@earthlink.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Misinformation

Just for the record... I listen to the claims and then I go check it out for
myself... My favorite OS is BeOS! But my FreeBSD 4.3 is stable-enough and fast
enough for me... (Not only that, I'm beginning to understand it!) Oh, it'll get
faster - I wouldn't use it without SMP - that's the nature of things... I use
linux also... Suse 7.0{from 6.0,6.1,6.2}... But I'm afraid Linux is becoming
more like MS Windows every week... Kinda of scary to witness the
metamorphosis... To listen to the meda, RedHat all but invented the 2.4 kernel!
:) Unbelieveable!

I use MS Windows 98... Only because they have drivers for my hardware...
Specifically DVD-RAM, Scanner, Radeon VE...
Anyway that's my two cents... Happy computing! If you find something better than
FreeBSD, SMP-wise, let me know... I'm only run dual-300s... but they're running!
:)

Dave Leimbach <dleimbac@earthlink.net> on 04/25/2001 08:44:30 AM

Please respond to dleimbac@earthlink.net