Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 1999 16:34:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To:        Bob Van Valzah <Bob@whitebarn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: advocacy/13790: Kudos for Recent Press

Hi,

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Bob Van Valzah wrote:

>  I searched hoping to find a list of mail aliases or something. Most of the
>  hits that came back were RQN issues. No E-Mail alias were listed anywhere
>  in the top ten hits. Send-pr.html was the number 3 hit. It seemed hard to
>  imagine how "advocacy" would be a problem category taken as seriously as
>  say "kern," so I "abused" the PR system after 5 minutes of searching in
>  vain.

Did you look down the list to choose what mailing lists you would search
through?  Advocacy is right down there - in fact it's the _very_ first
list.  :-)

Ah wait, after trying it I see you must have searched the FAQ and web
pages.

Oh well - as Steve has noted this wasn't a big deal.  :-)

>    2. Why doesn't Advocacy@FreeBSD.Org show up in the top 10 search hits?

Shrug - bad search routine?

>    3. What ever happened to the host Advocacy.FreeBSD.Org? (One of the
>       search page hits lead there.)

Dead dead dead.  As Steve noted this has been taken over by others.

Ugh - and either you or Jeroen was sending HTML'ized email (or it was
some goo in the PR response).

Brett
Brett Taylor             brett@peloton.runet.edu    *
Dept of Chem and Physics			    *
Curie 39A	(540) 831-6147                      *