Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 02:59:46 +1000 (EST)
From:      Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   adding pcmcia cards

Having finally got pccardd to configure the card, it doesn't seem to get
the correct IRQ, nor does it deal well with the card being ejected whilst
in use (freezes the box).  Neither is pccardd started by default, which
seems strange if you have a /etc/pccardd.conf file.

Anyway, I've also got a 3CCM156B card here, the config entry in
pccard.conf is as follows:
io 0x400-0x4ff
irq 9 13
memory 0xd4000 96k

card "3COM" "3CCM156 B"
	config 0x21 "sio2" ?
	insert echo 3Com PCMCIA 56K Modem inserted
	remove echo 3Com PCMCIA 56K Modem removed

but whenever I load it in, I get:

pccard[]: resource allocation failure for 3COM

I've defined sio0 & sio1 in the kernel config (both get probed and used,
one is serial, the other is FIR) as well as this option:
options "EXTRA_SIO=2"

I've checked that an IRQ is free by inserting and removing ep0 which informs
me that IRQ9 gets returned but to no avail.

What next ?

Darren