Date:      Fri, 29 May 1998 10:09:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      BEAUPRE Antoine <beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA>
To:        julian@whistle.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Oh-oh, can't write to /tmp/EDa.JSADkka

Hi!

I have tried to swallow my freespace, and I'm in trouble...

I have extended the size of the bsd partition with fdisk, as you told me
to, to the max size of 3690312 blocks (well I think it's the max size).

Now I rebooted, checked if the /dev/rwd0s2 device was there, it was, and
tried disklabel -r -e /dev/rwd0s2 (or rwd0c). I got domething like:

can't write to /tmp/Edf.nFMNklaj

This is only an approximation, because I don't think it would be a good
idea to use my system without completing the procedure, so I'm in DOS now.

I really don't have hint of what is going on, everybody's got write perms
on the temp, and I even re-maked the /dev/wd0s2g device. (starting my
system at full capacity however, because I didn't have rm perms on the old
wd0s2g device)

Please help!!!

What is that!!!!

|  Free the world from businessmen  |