Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 15:31:37 -0800
From:      John Oram <norami@unlimited.net>
To:        hck@nettest.dk
Cc:        "freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Embedded MS-Windows NT

Henrik:

This issue has been vented in the magazine Embedded Systems
<http://www.embedded.com/>; over the past year or so.

<begin ranting>
Sadly I think you are correct in that the small memory model for
embedded systems will drop by the wayside when Micro$oft begins to beat
their marketing drums.

Unless someone takes the time to educate the writers of the trade
journals as to how ridiculous it is to have an 800 pound gorilla sit on
a branch designed for a 10 lb monkey.

I have seen these folks kill pen-based computing by purchasing the only
satisfactory word-processor (aha!), screw up the small handheld DOS
marketplace -those both cost us revenue.  And now they are muscling into
the smallest of platforms to help the WinTel duopoly keep the US stock
market pumped up to unruliest expectations.
<end ranting>

IF anyone has a suggestion on how to clue in the major trade journal
writers as to the level of nonsense this is, let us all know.

John O