Date:      Mon, 02 Mar 1998 03:35:59 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Alex Belits <abelits@phobos.illtel.denver.co.us>
Cc:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>, khansen@njcc.com, "Ron G. Minnich" <rminnich@Sarnoff.COM>, hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: A web-based FreeBSD configuration tool.

I don't have many comments --- well okay at work we got a 20000 line
system install thingy all written in shell try debugging that 8)
<granted thats one bad extreme>

Traditional scripting languages for unix, sh, csh , tcsh are
a bit antiquated and downright awkward to work with.

Java is extensible and its supporting structure is intensively being
worked on .

For design methodologies , there are excellent books such as
Design Patterns : Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software
Erich Gamma
Richard Helm
Ralph Johnson
John Vlissides

If you have not read it is an excellent book .

	Best Regards,
	Amancio