Date:      19 Dec 2002 12:30:43 -0600
From:      Ryan Sommers <ryans@gamersimpact.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS Privileged port?

I'm attempting to mount an NFS share between a commputer and a virtual
machine running on another computer on the network (with vmware). The
trouble is the vm is running over briged networking with the NAT in
vmware. I think this is causing the problem where I am seeing

Dec 19 12:14:02 lobo mountd[132]: mount request from **** from
unprivileged port

in syslog on the server.

I attempted adding nfs_reserved_port_only="NO" and nfs_privport="NO" to
rc.conf and I checked the vfs.nfs.nfs_privport sysctl to make sure it
was 0 but I still can't mount the NFS export. What else do I need to do
to make NFS allow this unprivileged port mount?

Ryan

--
Ryan "leadZERO" Sommers
ryans@gamersimpact.com