Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 12:25:08 +0200
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@iafrica.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: kern/9670: kernel config at boot time via -c gives save option but looses settings

On Mon, Mar 15, 1999 at 12:17:54PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:41:51 +0200, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
>
> > > 	sysctl: unknown oid 'machdep.uc_devlist'
> > Then you're not running(tracking) RELENG_3 ;-)
>
> You're right, I'm tracking HEAD, that is CURRENT.
>
> > I think you should test this on 3.1-RELEASE(STABLE) and re-open the PR.
>
> Basically, from the other mail I've seen from you, you want ERRATA.TXT
> to be correct, yes?

In fact, I would like to be able to save/restore `boot -c' changes on my
3.1-STABLE system.  The method you have provided in ERRATA.TXT does not
work.  What is the correct way to do it?

According to your ERRATA entry, these changes are saved to /kernel.config.
What part of kernel/boot blocks/loader saves these changes to /kernel.config?

--
Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA of the
ru@ucb.crimea.ua	United Commercial Bank